Avvo Questions & Answers

Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.

Question

How do I get rid of my roommate's cat? Can I call animal control?

I live in an apartment with four people. Three of us signed the lease, I have a cat also on the lease. Then this fourth person moved in with her cat. The cat is aggressive, attacked me and my cat multiple times, hisses at all roommates, bites its own owner. This last time my cat needed emergency vet service and almost died. My cat is still unwell and she throws up in distress whenever I go to work. I asked my roommate not to let her cat out anymore, she refused. I asked to share medical expenses, she is rejecting to take responsibilty. She sent me extremely rude messages, trying to force me out of the apartment. I asked her to move her pet somewhere else, she refused. Landlord says I am breaching contract too because the fourth person is living there. I would like to sleep calmly in my bed, and have my pet with me in safety.

| 3 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer

Sponsored Listings

Loading content