Skip to main content

How do i get my petition for removal of disabilities as a minor verified by someone other than my guardians?

Katy, TX |

I am a seventeen year old female in Texas and am on my way to being able to support myself financially. The removal of my disabilities as a minor would be in my best interest because while living with my family I am verbally and mentally abused often, this environment affects me physically,emotionally and academically through stress. I am a dedicated student and a hard worker, but the everyday everyday treatment i get from my parents takes its toll on my body and mind. When I fill out my petition how can i get it verified by a lawyer, my guardians would never agree with this.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It sounds like you may have researched how to properly remove your disabilities. Family Code requires Verification of the petition by one of the following: (1) One of your parents, (2) Managing Conservator or Guardian, if any, or (3) Court-appointed attorney ad litem or amicus attorney.

The court must appoint you an attorney for the hearing. They can verify petition.

BEST ANSWER I got....and I hope I was HELPFUL! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Contact Steve Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer