Skip to main content

How do I get my ex husband to pay me money he owes me?

Cypress, TX |

During our separation he sold equipment for 20,000 dollars and promised to pay me this money as well as half of an insurance policy. My Attorney did not represent me properly in our divorce. Didn't even know I was divorced until a year later. Now he will not honor his commitment. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It depends on the terms of your divorce decree. If the decree says that you're entitled to the money, you may be able to pursue your ex for the money.

Since any divorce decree would have been entered either after trial, or with the agreement of the parties, I find it difficult to understand how you would not have known of the divorce for a year.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer