Skip to main content

How do I get DCF to follow the state statute and remove my name from the Child protection registry

Springfield, VT |

accused of L&L in 1987, found unproven. DCF has it listed as subtaniated bnd I can't remove it as it's not even supposed to be on the lis. VT state Statute 33 vsa 4916 states the only people that are supposed to be on the list are reports from Jan1 1992 or newer.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You do not state when you were added to the list or obtained notice that you were added to the list. If you contact the DCF, they can send you a Brochure which outlines the appeals process. You would need to apply to the Human Services Board for an order expunging the record.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer