How do I get an ignition interlock device installed on my vehicle if I got my license revoked the same day as my conviction?

New York, NY |

I just don't know how I can legally get my car to an IID installer if my license has been revoked. Wouldn't I need to unlawfully drive with a revoked license to get my car to the IID installer or can I wait until my 6 month revocation is over? This is a first time DWI in NY

Best Answer

If you haven’t already received your post revocation conditional license you can’t drive (if you do you can get into additional legal trouble) and will have to ask someone else to have it taken care of for you.

You need to have someone else bring the car in if your attorney did not get you the 20 day stay to allow you to drive.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Often times many of the installers will come to your home to preform the work. Just call a few in your area and you'll find someone to do it.

See my prior answer and phone a friend!

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net