How do I get a probono lawyer?

Passaic, NJ |

I need to do a child/spousal support order modification. The problem is my income is so low cant afford a lawyer to pay LSNJ cant help becuase they dont do modifications. Local Legal aid cant help becuase conflict. Again cant afford even on a sliding scale. Where can I go? I live in Passaic NJ I've been doing my own motion but always denied. Last one i did was to reconsider to re-calculate but denied judge gave me 3 paragraghs of reasons why not They are as follows:Lepis vs Lepis, Martindell vs Martindell, Chalmers vs Chalmers, Foust vs Glaser, Kuron Vs Hamilton, Aronson vs Aronson, Shifman vs Shifman I got so sick went on private disability then denied by independent doctor couldnt appeal becuase couldnt afford narrative from doctors so i can appeal but luckly Social Security kicked in SS

If you don't have a substantial change in circumstances, the court won't modify your orders.

[In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.]

Legal Services has voluntary pro bono attorneys that take cases, which Legal Services can not do. You may want to contact Legal Services and ask for a referral from its list.

Motions to modify support obligations require specific documentary proof to be presented to the Court. If the Court is citing specific case law in the Court Orders, you have failed to even meet the threshhold in whatever it is you filed.

MARY TOM, ESQ.
HUNZIKER, JONES & SWEENEY, P.A.
Wayne Plaza II
155 Route 46 West
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone No. (973) 256-0456
Fax No. (973) 256-4784

This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm. For legal advice, please contact and retain an attorney of your own choosing.

MARY TOM, ESQ.
HUNZIKER, JONES & SWEENEY, P.A.
Wayne Plaza II
155 Route 46 West
Wayne, NJ 07470
Phone No. (973) 256-0456
Fax No. (973) 256-4784

Contact the Seton Hall Law School or Rutgers Law School in Newark. Then try the county bar association in the county in which you live. Good luck.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.