Skip to main content

How do I get a Guardian Ad Litem to represent my children to modify custody rights?

Indianapolis, IN |

My children are 6 and 4 and are scared and do not want to stay with the non custodial parent. This is now affecting their behavior and affecting my 6 year olds school work. Should I get a counselor as well other than the school counselor who has been meeting with my daughter to help the Guardian Ad Litem? The non-custodial parent was absent for four years and has been put on a phase in period but they are having trouble with one night and have threatened to kill him. She is six and the sweetest girl in the world so I am not sure she will but hearing her speak that throws a flag at me. He has already seen CPS for other problems he had with them.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will need to file a petition with the court requesting the same. You should consult with an attorney regarding not only the benefits of a GAL, but the cost as well.

The answers provided are for informational purposes only and shall not be considered legal advice on your specific fact situation. If you would like information specific to your particular fact situation, please feel free to contact me directly.