How do I get a copy of the arrest video for a DUI charge?

Denver, CO |

I am trying to collect the evidense for a DUI arrest to retain my drivers license so I can work. I understand that I only have 7 days to file for a hearing at the DMV. I would like to have a copy of the discovery and arrest video to present for the hearing. Can i get both from the DA or where do I go and what forms do I need? Many Thanks!

Thanks James, the arrest was in Arapahoe county. I thought filming was always done from the cars nowadays. I'll try to give you a call later today.

It depends on the county. Most DUIs are not recorded. If you would provide more details, I could be more specific. Call me on my cell, 303-332-3602, if you wish.

Unfortunately, most law enforcement agencies in Colorado do not maintain dashboard cameras in their patrol cars. There are a few. I try to maintain a current list of these agencies. Please contact me with more details and I will let you know if your arresting agency likely has a video of your arrest and, more importantly, your performance of roadside sobriety maneuvers.

Even if there is no video, there are still multiple ways of attacking a DUI case. You need to seek the counsel of an experienced DUI defense attorney.

Best of luck.

John Buckley