Skip to main content

How do I get a copy of all court documents from my divorce, mediation and other decisions around my children, myself and my ex.

Aurora, CO |

My ex tells me he has a document from a mediation that is from the court but I do not have a copy of this document. I have an attorney that is not responding to my request for copies so I need to figure out how to do this on my own.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can make a copy of your court file at the courthouse.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.


You can request the file from the courthouse or hire a service to copy the file for you.


Mr. Harkess is correct as usual. They will allow you to check out your file and send you to an adjoining room to make copies. Just make sure that you bring either plenty of quarter or plenty of cash for change. Copies are 25 cents per change and the clerks will not give you change. There is normally an ATM in the building. However, it gives out bills that are too large for the copier to take. The copiers do take $1s and $5s, but nothing larger. I expect that this is in Arapahoe County?



In Volusia county, FL. the copies in the court are a $1.00 per page.