Skip to main content

How do I get a copy of a judgement that was "supposedly" issued against me in small claims court in massachusetts.

Cambridge, MA |

I have been contacted by a law firm stating that they are garnishing my wages to collect on a small claims court judgement that was filed against me. I have no idea what this "judgement" is - I do have a Docket Number and need to know how to get a copy of this judgement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you have the docket number, you can go to the court where the judgment was entered and obtain a copy of all of the pleadings. In many jurisdictions, you may also be able to obtain a copy of the pleadings from the court's website.


You could contact the court clerk. But I suggest that you send a letter to the law firm demanding that they provide you with a copy of the judgment, all pleadings and proof of service.



I did send them a letter asking for this information over a year ago but they never responded back - until now with this threat of wage garinshment

Jonathan R. Miller

Jonathan R. Miller


I am not a Massachusetts attorney, but if you were never served with a copy of the judgment they are probably precluded from enforcing it. I suggest you consult with a Massachusetts attorney. Good luck.


under Massachusetts law you must have been served with a copy of the complaint at your home at last known address if this never occurred you might have a way to challenge the judgment. contacting a debt relief attorney in Massachusetts would be a good first step in determining what rights you may have.

Any information provided here is for information purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice or intended to create an attorney client relationship. Attorney Michael Goldstein is licensed in Massachusetts only and is associated with counsel in RI, MD and DC.


The other attorneys have provided you with excellent advice.

The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney. It is important to have a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer