Skip to main content

How do I get a business registered if I'm an international student on F-1 visa?

Chicago, IL |

I have a business already, but it is not registered in the States yet. I just would like to know how I can go about doing it? I know that international students are not supposed to work off-campus, but my business has nothing to do with work. I'm not involved with its daily activities because of the internet. I buy electronics in the States, and sell them overseas. My annual transactions go well over $800,000 (total cost of all the products that I buy in a year). What I ultimately want is to keep doing what I'm doing right now, and get a green card. How do I do it? If there is any way to do it, then I'd take that chance. I'm willing to work with an attorney. Please, help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Repeating a prior question will not get you better answers.

Pay an attorney for a private consultation ... there are many facts that you are not disclosing on this blog.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.



Sorry for repeating my question. I've sent you an email. Please, check your email. Thank you.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


No e-mail yet ... ---- 503-803-0055


I agree with my colleague.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.


Since you are willing to work with an attorney you should hire one. Good luck . You seem to be off to a fine start.


Look into E1/E2 visas. That might be your chance to legalize in the USA. Once you research E visas call an immigration lawyer.


Simply consult a business immigration attorney. Going online to get more information in your case will not get you closer to your goal. Good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer