Skip to main content

How do I forgive/waive the arrears and drop the case totally in NY, Nassau County. There is also a SCU case and warrants

Wantagh, NY |

I, the custodial parent never received welfare. There are current warrants though for the arrears. How do I go about closing the child support case and the SCU child support enforcement case? I want the case completely dropped and the arrears forgiven/waived and we'll handle it privately. Do I have to say the NCP paid me all of the arrears or can I just forgive it? Also by closing the SCU case and the child support order dropping it will that fix the warrants?

There is a family emergency and the NCP can not travel due to passport issues, now stuck out of the country. I want the passport cleared and the warrants gone ASAP

Please let me know the process to do this as easy as possible and as quickly as possible. I do not want to hire a lawyer just do it myself

thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You would have to file a petition to vacate his arrears. However, you may have a problem if you can't serve him since he is out of the country. You should go to Family Court and they should be able to assist you.

Legal disclaimer: This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The post is only an opinion. You should speak to an attorney for further information. I try and answer questions in terms that the readers will understand. The poster is licensed only in NY, CT & NJ. If you have any further questions or would like to speak to me about your case, you can reach me at If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.