Skip to main content

How do i fing out if a house has a certificate of occupancy ?

Tacoma, WA |

I need to see if a house I'm renting has a certificate of occupancy

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Depends on whether you are in the City or the County. If it is in Tacoma proper, go to the building department at City Hall and ask. If Pierce County, go to the Annex and ask. It is public record. If the house does not have a certificate of occupancy and you are having problems with the house, doing this 'due diligence' will help you.

Elizabeth Powell