Skip to main content

How do i find out if there are child support checks/money that i didn't receive from ex's unemployment in the state of Illinois.

Saint Cloud, MN |

The state of IL had the wrong address on file for me although I have been living in MN for the last 4 yrs and receiving child support payments from the Kankakee County Clerks office up until my ex became unemployed fall 2011. I called IL child support and they said my ex filed a withholding order with unemployment in Dec 2011 but that my case is closed and they are a helping state and can't tell me anything else. I have never filed paperwork through the state of mn in regards to child support. This past january I had downloaded and filled out paperwork myself from the IL website and sent it in to the state of IL to get back child support. How can i find out if money was withheld from my ex's unemployment and if there are checks that I have not gotten due to them having the wrong address

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Frankly, you needed to register for support in MN and have MN Child Support handle this. There is no easy way to obtain the information you seek short of going to court in IL and having both the support collection people and the unemployment office provide the documents you're seeking.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.