Skip to main content

How do i find out if i have an outstanding warrant?

Augusta, GA |

dec 24th,2004 i went to jail on failure to appear..over a traffic ticket tags were expired and i couldnt fnd my proof of insurance.. i was given 18months probation and ordered to pay 80bucks a month.. i went to probation and paid only 4 months we had 6 kids in the house at that time and had no extra money the judge never asked what we could afford ... at that time... im concerned i have an open warrant due to that mess this is all in Richmond County,ga

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The jurisdiction that has the warrant out for your arrest won't tell you until you come in and ask about it. If you call on the phone, they will say they don't give out that information over the phone. If you go in person, they will arrest you. If you hire an attorney, they can usually request a fingerprint card and background check for any of a number of reasons. Once you have your GCIC report printed out, you will know what courts you need to talk to in order to remove the warrants. Some will let you want in to court if its just a failure to appear, others will require you to turn yourself in to the jail. Having an attorney can help smooth the process and ensure that, if you have to go into custody, you spend as little time as possible in jail. Contact an attorney familiar with the jurisdiction in question for the best results.

If you have any further questions about this or any other topic, please feel free to call me at 404-923-0446. All initial phone calls are free. By answering this question, there is no established attorney/client priviledge with Rohan Law, PC. Therefore you cannot rely solely on this information to form the basis of a legal opinion regarding your rights and responsibilities. If you believe that your case requires additional attention, you should contract an attorney to represent you directly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer