Skip to main content

How do I find any hidden assets?

San Francisco, CA |

How can I find out my soon to be ex-husband's hidden asset if he is dishonest?
Do I have to use investigator?

Also I heard I can ask to return the expenses including dinners and gifts he spent for his girlfriend from our community assets during the marriage. How can I calculate the expense? Should I obtain his credit card statements?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can do a Request for Production of Documents and go back five years. He must produce because of the laws of Transparency. I would recommend a forensic accountant look at his documents to determine money spent on girlfriends and determine whether there is a trail to follow hidden assets.



Request for Production of Documents, How much this cost in TN?

Elizabeth Jones

Elizabeth Jones


That is difficult to know. The forensic accountants rate and the difficulty of the case are variables. Get a food attorney who has a working relationship with a forensic accountant.


I agree with my colleague. Handling these legal matters on your own is difficult and stressful. You should contact some local attorneys and select one that you feel comfortable with.

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer