Skip to main content

How do i find a lawyer who will take a civil case against a court who is being sued for wrong imprisonment to a citizen

Houston, TX |

I was incarcerated for eight moinths after i served my discharge date of parole and was locked up with the mistake of the paperwork from the court

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If you are in Houston then you should Google "Houston Lawyer Referral Service." Call the number and tell them you need to talk to a civil rights attorney. I suspect you might have a significant immunity hurdle to overcome, but a civil rights lawyer can ask you more questions and properly advise you.

*** The fact that you solicited advice over a public forum waives any attorney-client privilege thus far. In addition, communications over this forum do not create any attorney-client relationship. To have a privileged conversation and/or establish an attorney-client relationship, contact me using the following information: Peyton Z. Peebles III Capitaine, Shellist, Peebles & McAlister, LLP, 713-715-4500 (office) 713-715-4500 (cell)


You need an attorney who handles civil rights violations. If you can't find one on Avvo, just start searching the Internet. You should be able to find a few who will do a free case evaluation for you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer