How do i find a attorney that will do a pro bono case?

Taft, CA |

I have a P.D and he is failing to investigate the details adequately in my case. he's denying me the right to have my complete decovery packet. There is several pages missing of the evedience siezed in the three related cases . "The sworn to a code of ethics , police officers," are far from conducting themselves in a manner of following that oath they are sworn too. they choose at their deseceration how the law will be obeyed , and whom will be treated with kitten mittens, and whom will feel the rath of the badage... I NEED HELP BAD THERE IS A LOT OF TECHNACALITIES , AND POLICE ERROR, AND MY PD IS NOT SUPPLING ME WITH PROPER REPRESENTION.... PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME.......

Pro bono is short for pro bono publico, Latin meaning for the public good.

Yours is a private criminal matter. The Sixth Amendment allows you to be appointed a defense for your crime. That was done here.

I do not see how your constitutional rights were violated.

You can file a Marsden motion to request a different attorney if you believe your attorney is acting ineffectively.

You can file a Marden motion. However it may do nothing more than create tension between you and your attorney. You would be able to argue all your issues with the attorney to a judge and that judge will make a determination. These motions are not easily granted.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at www.theocduiguy.com.

Let me be frank with you here. I have handled at the very least 1,000 criminal cases as a defense attorney - some in private practice, some as a public defender. Some PDs are better than others; some clients listen and understand better than others.

Make an appointment to sit down with your attorney and ask all of these questions. For example, ask your attorney why you cannot see the list of items seized. Has it been provided yet? Does it contain information which the PD is not allowed by statute to show you? Have you given your attorney a list with which s/he can compare the list of items seized?

Write your questions down, one by one, so that you can have a fruitful consultation. Then - listen to the answers. If you cannot get a consultation with the PD, call and ask to speak with his supervisor and, without ranting, advise the supervisor that you need a consultation but can't seem to get one.

Understand something else: The police are given a broad range of discretion in performing their duties. That discretion includes whom to arrest, how to handle the arrestee, how to investigate, etc. As Mr. Brinkmeier's response indicated, not all errors of discretion amount to constitutional violations. Be careful that you don't let your indignation at the cops' behavior carry over to your counsel - your attorney is your friend here.

And just so you know - I think we're becoming a police state, that we have ceded our rights to the law enforcement agencies and institutions in the name of being "safe," and that we're going to regret it. You will have to redirect your indignation to the voting booth. You need to be clear-headed while you're defending this case.

Christopher Robert Martens

Christopher Robert Martens

I couldn't agree more with this answer. Very good advice.

Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

Gayle Anne-Marie Gutekunst

Thank you Chris.