Skip to main content

How do i fill out the I-765WS form; if ive never worked, but go to college & live with parents?

Jamaica, NY |

i do not work, but i attend college so i have a college bill. i have a cell phone so i have a bill. i dont pay these bills but im wondering if i add them up and put the total in the Part 2, Question 3 box.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

List all your expenses,e.g. Food, clothing, transportation, insurance, fees, tuition, etc., etc,

Don't be bashful and understate your expenses! List as many as you can, also include any medical, etc

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I would really discuss any of your prospective filings with a practicing attorney in person BEFORE you mail anything. It may appear as a simple innocuous form, yet the practice of law is never a simple exercise of form filling, it involves much more.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


I agree with Atty Behar.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Mr. Ivaknenko makes a good point. There are some DACA applicants who report being denied employment authorization, since they were unable to demonstrate need to the satisfaction of the USCIS.

If for some reason, you and your parents are unable to afford an attorney, consider a not for profit in New York that represents those with immigration cases. These organizations are known as VOLAGs. Your local USCIS Office should have a list of them. However, it is often more efficient to find a competent immigration attorney to handle the situation. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


I completely concur with esteemed Counsel Dixler.