Skip to main content

How do I file motion to clarify conflcting information in a child support adjustment order. King County, WA

Kent, WA |

Aug 18, 2011 ex. seeked a child support adjustment. Judge granted me a while family deviation but used ex's propsed documents for final order. Judge changed the total in the total transfer after deviation but failed to change the individual amount for each child. Their for individual amounts do not total to the amount assesed to me. Child support enforcement says this will be an issue when I no longer pay support and I wll be held to the higher amount unless I can get it clarified. What do I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the other party is in agreement, an order may be entered nunc pro tunc. This would save more money in avoiding a potentially contested action.

If there is no agreement, you would file a motion explaining the problem and requesting appropriare relief. If the action is in Kent, you would need to give 14 days notice of the hearing to the other party.

I would suggest that you contact a family law attorney regarding the procedures and get a 30 minute free consultation. You may contact my office and I will be happy to discuss the issue with you right away.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Pierce is licensed to practice law in Washing with an office in Seattle and services clients in all parts of Washington. He can be reached at 206-587-3757 or at the email address at Mr. Pierce is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Washington law. This response is only in the form of legal education and is intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Pierce strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received.