Skip to main content

How do I file for emergency temporary custody in Missouri?

Ava, MO |

My wife was granted temporary custody in South Carolina in 2004. The children have been with me in Missouri for 9 months now. She has not seen them during this time and contact via phone has been sporadic. Can I file for temporary custody in Missouri?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the children have been with you for over six months it is possible for you to have a custody hearing in Missouri. You would need to get all of your documents together and seek the advice of a local attorney.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided as a public service and as a general response to a general question, it is not meant, and should not be relied upon as specific legal advice, nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer