Skip to main content

How do i file civil law suit for domestic violence?

Pinson, AL |

my ex-husband was sent to prison felony abuse. against me my ear drum was busted.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can go to the local police station or the county courthouse.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.


It depends on whether you were married during the injury.

This will not affect the outcome necessarily, only the court that had jurisdiction.

You might file in Civil or Domestic Relations Court.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer