Skip to main content

How do I file an appeal/objection to my attornys motion to withdrawal. Case is being heard in GA.

Saint Michael, MN |

Final hearing in 30 days, have 10 days to reply to my attornys motion to withdraw.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If this is a Georgia case you need to consult a Georgia attorney. The answer you are seeking will need to be based on Georgia law. In addition many others facts in details are needed to properly answer your question. For instance, why is your attorney seeking to withdraw?

This information is general in nature. You should not rely on this information as legal advice, as each case is unique. This information does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are in need of legal advice concerning a particular matter, you are encouraged to contact us at your earliest convenience.


Mr. Ascheman is correct. The answer will depend on the rules of procedure and substantive laws that govern in the Court in which the action is pending. You may want to consider if you really want your lawyer to continue to represent you if he or she wants to withdraw.

Mr. Thomas is licensed to practice law in Massachusetts. This response is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. This response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Often, the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply. Mr. Thomas strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney to make sure he or she gets all relevant information to make informed decisions about the subject matter.


The usual reason given formoving to withdraw is "breakdown in communication." That's often a euphemism for "the client stopped paying" or sometimes "stopped cooperating." Generally, there's no way to successfully oppose a lawyer's motion to withdraw, with the one possible exception being some prejudice to your rights if e.g. a motion is pending that needs to be opposed and argued. As long as you've got time to hire a new lawyer before the next significant event in your case, your judge won't make this lawyer remain as your counsel and will grant this motion.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.