Skip to main content

How do i file an answer for a dissolution in florida when i live in ohio?

Cuyahoga Falls, OH |
Attorney answers 3


For the specifics of what to put in your answer you will need to speak with an attorney licensed in Florida.
For the physical filing of papers you can send them by mail to the clerk. I would recommend including an extra copy of any pleadings and a postage-paid return envelope with a request that time-stamped copies be returned to you.

Jennings Law Offices LLC and Attorney Jonathan P. Jennings are providing the above response as a matter of public information. No individual legal assessment or legal advice is intended. Confidential legal advice can be provided at a personal consultation. 223 West Main Street, Ravenna, Ohio 44266. 330-296-6300.


I agree you need to speak to an attorney in Florida. Regardless of where you live you need to consult an attorney. You do not want to shoot yourself in the foot by not doing something right. Good luck.

The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Based on this response no attorney-client relationship has been formed. If your matter is in Cuyahoga County or surrounding counties, we invite you to contact us. Please visit our website at Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time and attorney-client relationship is formed. Attorneys in this firm are only licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and have no specific information as to the laws and rules of other states and none of the information provided is intended to be applied to the laws of other states.


I agree that you will need to hire a Florida attorney. Also, it may benefit you not to file an Answer, but instead, file a Motion to Dismiss based on lack of jurisdiction if you have not or never lived in Florida. Best of luck!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer