Skip to main content

How do I file a motion to get credit for my husband for his prison time served on a VOP on a split sentence

Miami, FL |

My husband was arrested on a VOP after serving 31months in FLDOC. He was just sentenced to 18 months in State on the VOP but they only gave him the credit for the time he has been in county. They never advised him that he was eligible for the 31 months that he served in prison on the same case.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I suggest you hire a lawyer to analyze the situation, determine whether a motion is appropriate and draft the motion to include any necessary case law. If you cant afford a lawyer, you can request this in writing to a Judge.