Skip to main content

How do I file a lawsuit against an employer in florida that has 15 or fewer employees?

Altamonte Springs, FL |

My boss has been sexually harrassing me verbally and physically, at one point he grabbed my hand and put it on his crotch.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


It sounds as if you have not only been the victim of sexual harassment but that you are also the victim of a crime (the physical abuse). You should speak with a personal injury attorney who handles sexual harrassment and assault/battery cases immediately and also report the physical incidents to the police.

Take care,

Ms. Lamie is licensed to practice law in Florida. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Ms. Lamie strongly advises the questioner to personally confer with an attorney in order to insure proper advice is received.


I agree. It sounds like battery.

If the employer has at least 10 employees, then if you object to or refuse to participate in this activity you could also be a whistleblower under the Florida Whistleblower Act. If that's the case, you should put your objection to the repeated sexual battery in writing to whoever handles human resources issues to make sure the company is on notice.

You should contact an attorney to discuss potential claims. And for heaven's sake, find another job. No potential case is worth subjecting yourself to a dangerous situation. Harassers tend to escalate their behavior over time if they get away with it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer