Skip to main content

How do i file a divorce when my husband lives in mexico

Saint George, UT |

i was wanting to know how to file for my divorce when my husband lives in mexico. he has agreed to the divorce and is willing to sign everything. but since he is over there and cant come back to utah i am not sure what to do. i have the papers already ready but dont know if i send them for him to sign first or i submit them to the court first

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce
Attorney answers 1


First, you must determine which state has jurisdiction for the divorce. If Utah does, then you can have him stipulate to a divorce and the terms, file documents, and he will not ever have to return to Utah absent a violation of the Decree.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


As always, the highest regard should be given to the information provided by your local attorneys.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer