Skip to main content

How do I file a complaint against the Klickitat County Prosecuting Attorney's Office for Violating The Fifth Amendment ?

Longview, WA |

This office issued a warrant for my son for a crime he finished his time on over 4 years ago! He is currently "lost " in transport, and has yet to be able to make his phone call, though he's been in custody for three days now! As far as getting any answers from Ms. Lori Hoctor's office (K.C.P.A.), none have happened! "..nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb.." I also question previous violations of not only the fifth amendment , but the eighth and possibly even the ninth in my son's life. He is Native American, and my concerns that he has been subject to profiling, harassment, and complete disregard for the Bill Of Rights continue to go unmitigated, as the "Old Boys' Network" seemingly is still alive and well in this small region

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Your best option is to meet with a civil rights attorney in your area first to determine if your read of the law and facts matches the attorneys. Best of luck to your son.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.


I would get a local criminal defense attorney involved to get him out of jail. After he is out of jail then you can and should worry about civil rights violations.


Simple -- hire an attorney.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements