Skip to main content

How Do I Fight Or Resolve An Ex Parte in North Carolina?

Charlotte, NC |

My wife began punching me while holding our 2 year old son during an argument. While trying to avoid being hit again we butted heads, I was injured, she was not. 12 hours later she filed a warrant for my arrest for assault on a female then served me Ex Parte papers while in jail.

I have 10 days before I'm due back in court for the ex parte. I've never had a record - ever. I don't abuse my wife. She's been treated for bipolar and depression in the past. I want to avoid the threat of her control over my freedom, fight the ex parte, and just leave my wife alone. She can have the house and the car. I want out but I want to see my children as often as i can without supervised visitation. How do I fight / resolve this. What options can we give her? She feels I'm a threat to everyone.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need to hire an attorney who can defend you in the protective order hearing. Only with a thorough consultation can your rights be determined.