Skip to main content

How do i extend my b2 tourist visa for further 6 months?

New York, NY |

i am a UK tourist with a six month allowance in USA with b2 tourist visa. I have been in the USA for 3 months now and would like to stay until november

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


File a I-539. You must show you are not working and can support self and have non-immigrant intent. An attorney can help you do this correctly.
Good luck

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


I agree with my colleague. File an I539 and you must demonstrate non immigrant intent. Consulate with an attorney.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at All initial constulations are free.



thankyou, I will be traveling up to canada, will I need to be in the US to file this?


You would file an I-539 stating why you need to stay in the US for the additional six months and including evidence of how you will be supporting yourself.

Please note that the filing of the I-539 does not mean the extension will be granted, but you will be able to remain in the US until USCIS makes its decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You may apply for an extension if you have not violated your visitor status. Consult with an immigration lawyer for the procedure and requirements.

Answers given on this site are general advice only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.