Skip to main content

How do I draft a complaint in ejectment?

Philadelphia, PA |

I am trying to represent my aunt as her POA to remove sqatters ( no lease) from her home. She is in a nursing home. I already posted a Notice to Quit, but I found out with no lease I have to go in the ejectment direction. She does not have the money to afford a lawyer. I would like to draft the complaint myself.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In NJ a property manager can file a suit for ejectment (eviction). A POA cannot since it is considered practicing law without a license. I would make sure what PA allows before doing this. You might find it much easier to hire a lawyer than do it pro se and then find out you have no legal right to do it.
Mr. Sarno is licensed to practice law in NJ and NY. His response here is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Sarno strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information.