Skip to main content

How do I divorce a man living in Great Britain who was never given ANY form of citizenship here? Can I get it annulled?

Moreno Valley, CA |

Met him online. He came for a week, we got married. We never applied for his right to come over permanently once married due to the fees involved. After approx. 4 mos. of marriage, he simply disappeared. Deleted me from any possible form of communication (Skype, Facebook, not answering phone, etc). He was wiring $500 into my account every other week to help sustain me. Obviously when he decided to disappear, the money did as well. Now I'm in a complete financial devastation. Anyway, what are my options? If divorce is my only option, how do I do that when he doesn't live here? Or is annullment an option? We never consemated the marriage and I think he may have been using me to get into to country. What is the fastest way to do this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


This is not an immigration issue. It does not matter whether your husband ever resided in the U.S. or had any status for getting a divorce. You need to talk to a family lawyer who handles divorces.


I agree with Attorney Schmidt. You need to contact a family / divorce law attorney who is licensed to practice family law in in the state you reside (CA) to determine the best options. Good luck

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer