Skip to main content

How do I correctly answer this summons, Complaint Under Simplified Civil Procedure (COLORADO)?

Colorado Springs, CO |

This is not SMALL CLAIMS. This is not the original creditor, XXX business records demonstrate that XXX, LLC purchased the receivable at issue in this case from XXX.

4) The amount claimed from XXX, the Defendant is $5,031.59 or according to proof, together with proper interest, costs, attorney fees, and any other items allowable by statute or specific agreement.

5) Such claim arises from the following events or transaction: breach of contract, and failure to make pavement on account.

6) Alternately, Plaintiff presented the Defendant with statements of the sums due from the defendant with agreement between the Plaintiff and the Defendant that the account was correct. Therefore, Plaintiff is entitled to judgment against the defendant based upon the account stated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You will have received an Answer form with the papers you were served. If you don't have it, you can find the form on the Colorado Judicial website. You need to fill in your defense to the debt and file it with the Court along with the filing fee (approximately $90). The Court will then contact you with your trial date.

You may want to consider sitting down with an attorney to discuss your answer and defenses in more detail so you can be prepared for trial.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.


Speak with an attorney to help with the answer and defenses. THIS IS CRITICAL. You may have various important defenses depending on the facts. No one can just say answer by saying X, Y, and Z. Your answer and your defenses depend on the exact facts and those facts are critical.

This is worth speaking with an attorney and doing so quickly.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice regarding your question and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer