Skip to main content

How do I correct a missed date?

Gilbert, AZ |

Both parties shall exchange updated disclosure statements required by Rules 49 and
50, Arizona Rules of Family Law Procedure, including an exchange of all relevant
information, documents, and exhibits on or before April 22, 2013. I misunderstood these instructions and turned them in a week later. how can I go about fixing this problem before the trial?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

Disclosure statements under Rules 49 and 50 are not actually submitted to the Court. They are exchanged between the parties. Exchanging them one week late is typically not an issue, and you should not worry about it before trial.

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.


I agree with Mr. Nemiro. You can call the opposing party or attorney and let them know the disclosure will be late. Usually its not a problem. The judge will most likely view it as a minor oversight, especially if you're representing yourself.

This post is general information about divorce and family law in Arizona, and is not legal advice. Divorce is a complex process, and taking legal action without the one-on-one professional advice of a lawyer can produce unexpected results.


Unless the other side files a motion with the court to exclude evidence or witnesses due to late disclosure, there is nothing to worry about or fix.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.