Skip to main content

How do I convert from B1/B2 to H1B visa?

San Francisco, CA |

I am currently in the US on B1/B2 visa. I got married in India recently and came to visit my husband who is presently on F1 visa. He will be converting to O1 visa soon.
I want to stay and work in the US. Can I convert from B1/B2 to H1B (once i find a sponsor) or should I first convert from B1/B2 to O3 and then apply for H1B?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Your employer will need to file for an H-1B at the beginning of April 2013. You will then have to apply for an H-1B visa stamp in late September 2013, and would then enter the US no earlier than September 20, 2013 with that visa stamp.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer