Skip to main content

How do I claim my product liability injury?

Clarkston, GA |

When I was using the baking tray on a toaster, I got a 0.5 in long/ 0.08 in deep cut from sliding my finger through its metal sharp edge that's bent over to look like it's blunt. Is this at a level I can claim product liability injury?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Products liability claims require expert testimony usually on at least one or two levels. I'm not saying the manufacturer should not be notified. But, most attorneys who pursue product liability cases, including my office, handle catastrophic injuries only. I'm sorry you were injured and don't take it from me, consult with a local products liability attorney. More on products liability: BLUE LINK BELOW

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

Philip Leslie Franckel

Philip Leslie Franckel


I don't know any lawyers in New York who would take a product liability case with an injury like yours. However, if you were unable to find a lawyer to represent you, you could and should send a letter to the manufacturer so they know of the problem. Additionally, they will probably offer to pay for your medical expenses and may send you a small additional amount of money, maybe enough to buy some bread!


If you sought medical treatment to document your injury it could worth investigating.

Disclaimer: This response is provided to you by attorney Robert G. Rothstein (404) 216-1422 for educational and informational purposes only.No attorney-client relationship has been created hereby. Other attorneys may have different opinions or responses. If you found this response helpful, please indicate Best Answer to Avvo. Thank you.


Doesn't sound that serious, but have a local defective products lawyer investigate


Doesn't look like you have an actionable cause of action. Have a local lawyer look into this for you.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer