Skip to main content

How do i change my sons last name on his birth certificate?

Sherman, TX |

Non biological father signed an AOP in the hospital and was ordered to pay child support but he has been in prison since my son was 2mths old and my son has no idea who he is. Non bio wont get out for another 5 years. My son will be 10yrs old. He has never been there for my son nor paid any child support. How can i change my sons last name on the birth certificate and take non bio's name off>

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Please review the name change information provided by the Texas Young Lawyers Association Family Law Committee at the following web link:

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer