Skip to main content

How do I change a sole proprietor llc to a partnership llc in Oklahoma

Purcell, OK |

I started my company last year and couple months into it I had investors and made them 5% partners. we did all the paperwork legally to change it but we never called IRS to change it from sole to partnership. can I call IRS now to get it switched even though it is the next fiscal year?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


My recommendation is that you call a local business attorney to help you. You did the work to start the company yourself last year and have already run into an unanticipated problem that a lawyer would have likely foreseen and properly advised you of then.

Check on Avvo for a business attorney in your area. They are well worth the investment.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. The answers provided by R. Russell O’Rourke, Attorney-at-Law as a free informational service only. Without thoroughly reviewing your case neither I nor any other attorney can give you a complete answer upon which you could or should rely. Your reading of this or any of my answers does not create an attorney client relationship between us. Legal cases are often very fact specific and need a qualified attorney to properly review ALL of your materials and fully discuss your case with you before you decide the right course of action to take. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer