Questions & Answers
Get the legal answers you need from licensed attorneys.
Question

How do I best handle the non-custodial parent wanting to shorten their visitation right before trial?

I’m a custodial parent to a one year old. I petitioned for sole custody. The other parent wants joint 50/50 custody. We’re about a month from trial. We had a judicial settlement conference in November. The only thing we agreed on was visitation. Since then there have only been two weekends he’s actually had our son for the whole time he was supposed to. The rest he’s wanted to switch to only having him daytime hours from like 10am-6pm and doing that every weekend. He’s also canceled or needed to switch all but 3 of his visitation time on a weekday night.

The problem: he is a lying and conniving, full blown personality disorder, narcissist and he’s always trying to get me to make a mistake or do something he can use against me. He says his dad needs full time care and he’s taking time off work to help them. Of course, I agreed at first. From there I observed him not to be at his folks and was told by his other sons mother that he is not taking care of his dad.

I already believed his parents were taking care of our son during his weekends. They can’t right now, so it makes sense he’d want to cut his hours. I feel like I’m his unpaid babysitter, but not sure how to approach.

| 3 answers
Answer
Sponsored Listings
Answer
Answer
Sponsored Listings