Skip to main content

How do i ask the judge to remove what im being accused of off my recored if found innocent?

Dallas, TX |

i am innocent && i have never been in jail before that incident,i work to school, & was just with the wrong people at the wrong time.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you are found not guilty at trial or you case is dismissed outright (not upon the completion of deferred probation), you will be eligible to file an expunction to have the case completely removed from your record. This is a motion that is filed in district court. Your attorney can explain the process to you. But your first concern is getting the dismissal.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


I am unsure if you are currently under investigation or if the case has been concluded. If it is an open case you will have to retain an attorney to fight for you to either get a deferred prosecution which can be sealed or fight the case and win. If the case is dismissed or you are found not guilty the attorney can file a motion to get all mention of this case removed from your record.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.


If you are found not guilty you are entitled to an expungement. If you have not yet had a trial then you need a lawyer, particularly if you are innocent.
Austin Probation Lawyer
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


If you were acquitted. You have thirty days to move for an Order to Expunge. If you don't do that within thirty days, then you have to file a petition (and pay filing fees). Good Luck

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.