Skip to main content

How do I answer a Summons/complaint about a debt

Saint George, UT |

We don't agree with - Wells Fargo Bank is charging dollars after we closed account

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The best answer to your question comes from the Utah State Courts' website:

Note that the first advice the courts give is to talk to an attorney:

"You are not required to hire an attorney, but answering a complaint or a petition can be complicated. Consider talking to an attorney to go over your options. One way to talk to an attorney is to visit a free legal clinic. Clinics provide general legal information and give brief legal advice. You might also hire an attorney for just part of your case or to do one particular thing, rather than represent you for the whole case. For more information, see our page on Finding Legal Help."

The site then provides a summary of the process and even includes forms that you can use for your Answer. But I would give strong credence to the initial suggestion. You will almost certainly want to talk with an attorney.

I hope this helps!


My thoughts and comments are for general information only. The do not constitute legal advice and they should not relied upon as such. My thoughts and comments do not form an attorney-client relationship--I am not your attorney. Please seek the advice of a licensed attorney before taking any acts based upon my thoughts and comments or the comments of others.