Skip to main content

How do i amend a birth cert. in kentucky to add my name (father)

Louisville, KY |

wanting to add my daughter to my insurance at work they require proof of paterinty. mom and i live together not married but both agree.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Requests to amend birth records in Kentucky are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In accordance with Kentucky law, generally the only changes that are approved are those that a) establish paternity; b) correct an obvious error; or, c) change the subject's name. Amendments can only be requested by the registrant, if they are 18 years of age or older, by a parent or legal guardian if the registrant is under 18, or by the person responsible for filing the birth certificate

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.