I hired an attorney for my rear end accident which occured on 11/8/17. At question was the damage to my vehicle and my injury. This attorney told me he specialized in this and I hired him. From that moment forward we have problems i want to bullet here:
1. Did not communicate with me for over a year.
2. Did not file my case in a timely manner and let it Lapse.
3. After it Lapsed contacted me and informed me that he had paid all of the medical bills.
4. The medical people are contacting me about the bills.
5. Sent me drop letters in Feb of 2018 claiming to have dropped me. these were included with my file he gave me well after the statute had expired.
6. Office wrote me after the date he indicated he had dropped me.
7. Continued to ask me to continue treatment after I felt better.
Please note time is of the essence. My deadline to file is November 8th. Am I wasting my time trying to sue him? His office continued to tell me they were representing me well after he claimed to have sent the drop letter.
If the accident happened in November 2017 and then you have until November 2019 to file a lawsuit against the other side. Call another attorney for a consultation, most of us will give you a free consultation.
If that was a typo and your statute of limitations to file the lawsuit against the other driver has already passed then look into consulting with a malpractice attorney.
1. No. In the State of California, with respect to a bodily injury case where negligence is involved, the statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the incident (in your case, this would be an automobile accident).
The statute of limitations in a negligence action is 2 years, not 1 year. Find another attorney to handle your case. I see no cause of action against the present lawyer, since you have more than 1 year to file a lawsuit.
Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline