Skip to main content

How do I add my maiden name to my married name after using my married name for 17 years?

Brown City, MI |

I just want to start using my maiden name as a hyphen to my married name.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You have to petition the circuit court in your county to change your name. As long as you are a resident for at least one year and are not seeking the change for fraudulent purposes, the court will likely grant your petition. See your local court or google around for SCAO Approved forms for the form to petition for name change. Good luck.