Skip to main content

How do build a defense against false sexual assault charges brought against a family member?

Texarkana, TX |

Family member is being acccuse of sexual assault by his adopted daughter, Teenager lied to teachers and said she was touched sexually and Child Protective Services got involved. Cps came to home, told parents no contact with the children for now. Cps decided to leave her on the property with another minor child, but in the custody of another family member while they investigated.Teenager is upset because she can not go to a friends house and tries to run away, but is stop down the road by the adoptive parents and brought back to family members home who has custody. Next day she goes to school complains she had contact with adoptive father and then adoptive father next day turns himself in because a warrent was issued for his arrest.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Immediately consult a local TX criminal law attorney - some offer free consultations. Can locate a local attorney right here on avvo by using the tool "Find A Lawyer"

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


There needs to be a consultation with a Criminal Law Attorney immediately.

The answering of this question does not constitute a attorney-client relationship. Further by answering this question the attorney has not agreed to represent inquisitor.


This is a big deal and criminal defense counsel should be retained immediately.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Retain a criminal lawyer then. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find an attorney near your home.