Skip to main content

How difficult is it to prove PAS?

Galveston, TX |

I truly believe my ex-husband is setting me up for a charge of parental alienation syndrome. Quite honestly, he is the one who says bad things about me to the kids to the point that they have come home telling me they hate me. I have never kept them from him on his decreed times and have given him some extra time. The parenting coordinator wants him to submit his work schedule so a set schedule for outside of decree time can be set. He has not exercised his decree times since the first of the year but asks for some selective outside of decree time. I have told him that we need to see the coordinator first. He has not sent a schedule or made an attempt to set up an appointment. Will my not giving him the time he wants be held against me when he goes to court, which he will?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It is very hard to do because you have to prove that he is actually telling the kids these things with the intent of alienating you. If you mean he is going to claim it, he has to prove you took actions to alienate him. Courts tend to be very suspicious of these charges. If it comes up, you still should consult an attorney because when one succeeds, your visitation could be severely hampered.

Disclaimer: This answer is intended for informational or educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming any attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer