Skip to main content

How difficult is it to find an attorney to arbitrate a fee dispute with another attorney? CA BAR no help

Los Angeles, CA |

I was never given an agreement. Had to file a complaint with CA BAR after 15 months to get an invoice listing where my money went. No breakdown of $20k he claims was paid to the PI. Continued to charge me after I informed him that the money I had sent was the last payment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Hiring a lawyer for this shouldn't be too difficult. If you're looking for pro bono help, try Legal Aid, if you're eligible.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


This should not be difficult.
First, obtain a copy of the agreement bearing your signature. It may include an attorney fee clause, which might work in your favor per CC1717.
Second, make a written demand for an itemization of the costs.
If there was a recovery from which costs were paid, ask also for a full accounting of the amounts received.
Then, if you aren't satisfied, talk to an experienced lawyer who has no history of ethical violations with the state bar.
You can check that at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer