Skip to main content

How change status b1/b2 to R1

Chicago, IL |

I got B1/B2 and went usa 27 sep to 14 oct, now i want go to back for religious work so how chaing status and after world for green card with is the best way.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


you need to find a good immigration attorney in chicago to sort this out. no attorney in their right mind will try to answer your question with a specific instruction as there a variety of factors to be considered in your case. good luck

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.


Yes, I agree with my colleague. You will need to speak to an immigraiton attorney. If you are still in the United States, you have fallen out of status and cannot not do a change of status once you are out. However, I don't know enough about your situation from your case. I came originally as an F-1 student, then change of status to R-1 then I-360 then green card, that is the route. Contact an immigration attorney who can assist you in this matter. You can contact me and there are a lot of immigration attorneys who are on AVVO and AILA. Good luck.


In order to obtain an R-1 visa you must have an employer who is willing to file a petition on your behalf seeking to obtain your religious based services. Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case and advise you how best to proceed. Many attorneys, including myself, will conduct consultations via telephone or Skype for clients who are out of their local area.

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.


You really should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly. R-1s used to be easy. They are no longer easy or simple.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer