Skip to main content

How can you get another lawyer if you're not satisfied with the one the courts assigned you?

Tampa, FL |

Haven't received a call visit or seen court lawyer in over a year now return to call or anything

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can hire a private lawyer. If you can't afford a private lawyer and want the court to assign a new one then you should ask for a Nelson Hearing. You will have to convince the judge that the current lawyer has been ineffective.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.


Mr. Trabin is exactly correct here. Follow his advice.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.


Set a consultation with a new lawyer, get a fee quote that you can afford, and your new lawyer will worry about the details of substituting as counsel.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer