Skip to main content

How can you find out if you are in fact the person identified in a crime if the person making the accusations doesn't speak eng

Tulsa, OK |
Attorney answers 3


Post absolutely no further information about this matter on the Internet in any form (Facebook for instance). Do not talk with any other person about this situation unless it is a criminal defense attorney. It is obvious to me that you need qualified criminal defense counsel now. We have a number of highly qualified criminal defense attorneys licensed in OK who participate here. Reach out to them for the information you seek. I hope this helps, and I wish you luck. Btw, one final but really, really important thing. IF you are arrested (I have insufficient information to form a belief about the likelihood of that occurring), say NOTHING to the police about this situation. They are entitled so you should cooperate by giving them your basic bio: name, address, SSN, dob that sort of stuff. About the event leading to an arrest say absolutely nothing except "I want an attorney before talking about anything." Memorize that sentence and be prepared to say it and mean it as many times as you have to. Talk to attorneys as soon as you have the opportunity to do so.


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP. Robbery is a serious crime in all states. You attorney will request and receive the discovery/evidence the prosecutor has against you. Get an attorney NOW!

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


There are two ways to find out if you have been charged with a crime in Oklahoma: 1.) wait till you are arrested or 2.) retain an attorney on a pre-filing retainer fee to find out for you. There are many resources availaible to qualified attorneys that will allow them to find out if there is a warrant out for your arrest. Robbery carries at a MINIMUM 10 years in the penitentiary. Get help ASAP.

All answers are for education purposes only. The information here is not meant to form an attorney-client relationship. All answers are based on the limited facts presented, and are in no way meant to constitute dispositive legal advice. Please contact an Oklahoma criminal defense attorney at to discuss your situation in detail.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer